Si segnala opportunità di internship presso Ambasciata britannica a Roma.
Internship opportunity in the Private Office at the British Embassy Rome
The Ambassador’s Private Office at the British Embassy in Rome is seeking an intern for a period of six months starting from January 2018.
The Private Office is a small and busy team dedicated to ensuring that the Ambassador’s working day runs smoothly. At the Embassy her Personal Assistant manages her diary and correspondence, and her Visits Coordinator puts together visit programmes outside Rome. Over at the Villa Wolkonsky, the Residence Manager supervises the running of the Residence and the many events it hosts, while the Social Secretary divides her time between the two sites, organising lunches, dinners and other events, compiling guest lists and overseeing other event related tasks. The intern will have the opportunity to learn new skills working alongside all the members of the team.
- Learn how to organise events, plus drafting menus, seating plans and name cards;
- Monitor and print out incoming invitations from HMA Inbox in Social Secretary’s absence;
- Accept/decline invitations and send simple thank-you messages as instructed by the Ambassador;
- Issue invitations to social events, log and chase replies and produce final guest lists;
- Cover PA/HMA’s phone occasionally when at the Embassy;
- Learn how to run an Ambassador’sResidence;
- Update and analyse statistics on event and houseguest numbers;
- Purchase small items on-line;
- Learn diary management;
- Assist with accounts and budget management.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Fluent spoken and written English and Italian;
- Good IT skills;
- Organisational and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritise work;
- Ability to work independently but also as part of a highly dynamic team;
- Ability to draft simple letters;
- Handling official telephone calls;
Any specialist skill/interest in music, film or fashion would be a desirable trait.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
The opportunity is open to newly graduates and undergraduate students. The candidate will have to go through a selection process by way of an interview, both written and oral. The successful candidate will be granted a number of credits (crediti formativi), as indicated by the university. Prior to the appointment, the Embassy will have to sign an agreement (Convenzione di Tirocinio) with the university where an agreement has not been yet signed. The agreement will set out the arrangements including tutor, health & safety and insurance cover.
The internship is not a work contract and as such is not paid. However the Embassy will pay the intern a monthly allowance of €350 per month. This amount is not subject to tax under current local legislation. The intern would be expected to work an average of 30 hours per week, Monday to Friday, within the range of 09am – 5pm. Some degree of flexibility is expected, mostly in case of seminars and evening events.
Flexibility is ensured by the whole team to accommodate the intern’s need in case of university exams or personal reasons.
Other administrative details are set out in the university ‘progetto formativo’ to be signed once appointed to the internship.
Please note that applications will have to come through the university or promoting body abiding to the Italian law: DM 142/98. Individual applications shall not be considered. Interested students can liaise with the “Ufficio Stages” of their Faculty or University which should send us the application(s). Individual applications not coming through an eligible institution will not be acknowledged or considered for an internship.
Confirmation of the internship is subject to security clearance.