Winter School - Film Festivals
Pick one or choose both university courses based on made-in-Italy’s finest: cinema festivals. Follow your artistic interests and enjoy a unique experience in Rome, home to academy award winners Federico Fellini, Roberto Benigni, Paolo Sorrentino, Bernardo Bertolucci and other well-known personalities of the movie-making industry.
- The great success of our first edition;
- A friendly and international environment known for language studies and research (CIUTI, EMT, AGORA, ANVUR);
- Classes taught by internationally-renowned experts;
- Skype calls with some of the most popular directors and international film festivals consultants;
- Access to internships at International Festivals and Film Production Companies.
WHEN AND WHERE?
UNINT Winter School courses will be held in Rome at UNINT University, Cinecittà studios and some amazing historical venues from 12 December to 18 December 2016.
- Antonio Falduto - Film director and international festival consultant;
- Oscar Cosulich - Journalist and festival director;
- Josef Nuyts - Independent film consultant for festivals and producers, sales agent;
- Italo Spinelli - Film and festival director;
- Stephen Natanson - Director and producer;
- Deborah Young - Journalist and Festival director;
- Tina Bianchi - Marketing at Roma&Lazio Film Commission;
- Dario Formisano - Journalist, Film Producer and Manager in Audiovisual and Publishing Area;
Silvia Finazzi - Consultant at Directorate General Cinema of the Italian Ministry of Cultural Heritage and Activities and Tourism
The courses offered at UNINT Winter School 2016 are shown below.
Courses are held in English from Monday to Saturday according to the following schedule:
|From Monday to Friday:|
|Creation and Management of Film Festivals||9.30 - 11.30 / 11.45 - 13.30 // 14.15 - 16.15|
|Press Release and Promotion of Film Festivals||16.30 – 18.30|
|Creation and Management of Film Festivals||9.30 - 11.30|
|Press Release and Promotion of Film Festivals||11.45 - 12.45|
|Exams and delivery of certificates||14.15 - 16.15|
Students may attend one or both courses.
Students are required to attend at least 80% of class sessions and to sit final examinations to get a certificate of attendance.
|Course||Dates||Number of Hours||Course Price||Numbers of ECTS|
|Creation and management of film festivals||
12 – 18
|Press release and promotion of film festivals||
12 – 18
*The course prices above include 30 hours of lessons per week + group and individual preparation. Travel costs, accommodation and meals are not included.
**The course prices above include 10 hours of lessons per week + group and individual preparation. Travel costs, accommodation and meals are not included.
Click here for a list of hotels and B&B, located either downtown or near the University, where you could ask for accommodation at an agreed-upon rate with UNINT.
A special price is offered to students who attend both Winter School courses - 700 Euro.
A reduction of 10% is available for those who register before August 30th.
An additional reduction of 10% is also available for students from UNINT and our partner Universities.
During the course, participants may be selected for an internship at international festivals and film production companies afterwards. Awards of internships will be based on merit.
High school diploma.
English language requirements
A B2 level in English is required for all Winter School courses. If your native language is not English, you must provide recent evidence that your command of spoken and written English is sufficient to attend UNINT Winter School.
Pre-enrolment must be done before 15 November 2016
You can still re-enrol up until 30 November 2016
The Course will only take place if a minimum number of participants is reached. The maximum is 25. In case the number of applications exceeds the maximum, candidates will be selected on a FCFS (first-come first-served) basis.
The first 25 enrolled candidates per course will be invited via email to complete the enrollment procedures before 30 November 2016. In the event of withdrawal of the applicant or incomplete documentation, the following candidate on the waiting list will be informed and able to enroll.
- completed and signed application
- copy of identity card or passport
- copy or self-certification of the high school diploma
- proof of English level
- If applicable, proof of registration at UNINT University or one of the partner Universities
Università degli Studi Internazionali di Roma
UNINT| Via Cristoforo Colombo 200 - 00147 Roma